Japanese Patterns Upcycled Teak Wood Coasters - Individual / Set of 4
Eco-Friendly Wooden Coaster
Our Japanese Patterns Upcycled Teak Wood coasters come with individual pattern. Our makers have obtained the off cut woods from the furniture factories and give these beautiful hard woods an extra purpose.
The patterns on the coaster inspired by the traditional Japanese Patterns and each has a different meaning:
- Wave Crest (Seigaiha) : This design is made of rows of ocean waves forming a fan-shaped pattern. It symbolizes the desire for continued peaceful living, like the tranquil waves.
- Hemp Leaf (Asanoha) symbolises Adulthood. It is connected to the ideas of growth and children's health, since hemp is durable and grows quickly.
- Fletching (Yagasuri): This pattern is based on arrow fletching. It is used as a lucky charm for weddings and other ceremonies, as it is based on the Japanese saying that, once an arrow is fired, it never returns.
- Seven Treasures (Shippo)has a meaning of the unending chain of expansion of harmony and peace.
Each coaster is carefully and delicately laser cut from 5mm thick teak wood and further enhanced by hand sanding to give them a smooth finishing. Each coaster also given an extra coating of oil and wax to give a maximum protection and accentuate finishing.
This unique set of upcycled wooden coasters will make a great house warming gift or a lovely addition to a wedding list. They are also a great present for 5th Wooden Wedding anniversary.
- Delicately laser cut from offcut teak woods
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Eco-friendly, cruelty free and suitable for vegans
- Size: Length 9cm, Width 9 cm; Depth 0.4cm
100% Recycled Teak Wood
For this collection, each coaster is individually designed and crafted by a skilled artisan. Each coaster is unique, so the design of the coaster may differ from the item pictured. The pictures are only intended to provide an impression of the designs created by our artisans.
Please note that there may be slight variations in colour, size and pattern from the pictured product. This reflects the handmade nature of the items and the sourcing of the upcycled materials. It also adds to the individuality and uniqueness of each item. No two products are the same.
Here's how you can add a gift message for the recipient:
The lucky recipient will then receive a personalised, handwritten note along with their gift.
We'll deliver your present so you don't have to!
We don't anticipate any delays in getting your order to you. International shipping may be impacted by global issues beyond our control and could cause a bit of a wait. Read more on our COVID-19 update.
Standard UK Delivery (Free Shipping + Gift Personalisation)
Under our standard delivery option, we will endeavour to get the products to you within 3-5 working days.
Nominated / Next Day UK Delivery
Any orders with nominated or next day delivery must be placed before 11am on the day before to ensure that the order can be processed in time. The price for these options will depend on the item and we would refer you to the product page for more information.
- The standard price for next day delivery will be approximately £8.00
- The standard price for nominated delivery (such as a specified Saturday delivery) will be approximately £12.00
- Please note that we do not deliver on bank holidays
We regret that any orders from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man will be classed as international deliveries (please see below).
International Delivery - Standard Airmail (Free Shipping over £150)
We can deliver to you wherever you are in the world. The shipping costs will depend on the country and the particular product that you are order. These are some approximate standard airmail charges for shipping:
- Europe: Small Item (£5 – £15), Large Item (£12 – £20)
- Rest of the World: Small Item (£8 - £40), Large Item (£20 – £50)
- Free delivery for orders over £150
For a precise shipping cost, please enter your delivery details at the checkout page with the product in your cart.
For orders to Europe and the USA, we will aim to deliver within 3-14 working days of your order. Orders to Asia and Australia can take up to 2-3 weeks.
If your delivery address is outside of the EU you may have to pay import duties and tax on delivery. Please contact your local customs office for further details. We always pack your order as a gift to ensure lower import fees and tax. However, we cannot control what happens at customs. We regret that we cannot accept responsibility for any duties or taxes that you incur.
Returns & Cancellations Information
We hope that you’ll be really happy with your products. However, if for any reason you wish to cancel your order, either prior to despatch or after delivery, we have a no questions cancellation and returns policy.
- You are entitled to cancel your order at any time up to (a) 14 working days after receipt in the case of standard products or (b) in the case of customised or custom-made products, at any time up until work commences upon the customisation or manufacture of such products. In each case, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us, to confirm the cancellation.
- If you wish to cancel your order after the products have been despatched, please e-mail us at email@example.com or contact us as soon as possible. Then, simply return the relevant products to us – unused, in perfect condition and accompanied by proof of purchase – within 14 days of receipt for a full refund. We regret that, for hygiene reasons, we cannot accept the return of earrings where the hygiene seal has been broken.
- Items returned must be in their original sale condition (unworn and unused with all original packaging and labels). You will be responsible for the cost of returning the products which are not faulty and which were not delivered to you in error.
- We will not accept liability for any products lost or damaged during transit, so please consider returning any products by an insured, tracked service. If you choose not to insure and track the return to us, however, we would not expect the cost of return to be greater than the cost you paid us for delivery.
- Refunds will be made by the same method by which payment was received and may take up to 14 days to be credited to your account. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for the refunds instruction.
- In the interest of hygiene and for your protection, earrings are excluded from return/exchange, except faulty items.
- Gift vouchers cannot be returned for change of mind reasons.
- Your statutory rights are, of course, not affected, and in the unlikely event that an item is defective or is not as specified in your order acknowledgement, please contact us within 14 days of receipt and include a photo and description of the fault. We will offer a replacement (subject to availability) or a full refund, at your option.
- If you have had the item for over 14 days we will look into this for you.
- Please note that we're unable to offer a repair, replacement or refund for items that you have owned longer than 6 months.
- Items which are damaged or as a result of normal wear and tear; by accident; or through misuse will not be considered faulty.
Unlike your bicycle tyres, the puncture repair kit will not save the inner tubes of bus and truck tyres. If not rescued by our designers, these rubber tubes would be consigned to landfill or incinerated.
Instead they are reclaimed from transport companies in Indonesia to be handcrafted into bags, jewellery and other accessories.The varied texture of the rubber gives each item a distinctive character and, although reused, the material remains extremely hard-wearing.
Imbued with the character of some of Scotland’s finest scotch whiskies, these reclaimed oak barrel staves bring an air of sophistication to the world of upcycling.
Our UK-based craftsmen use the patterns and markings of the reclaimed wood to create individual and distinctive home accessories, whilst the distinctive scent adds another sensory experience.
Handmade in the UK, these beautiful accessories are made using broken bike parts sourced from bike shops around Nottingham.
Motorcycle is a common form of transports in South East Asia. With the abundance of tyres that been discarded, our artisan salvage them from the motorbike repair shops around in Bali turn them into belts.
Made using reclaimed canvas which is salvaged from broken military tents, our bags are water proof and durable.
Created by a devoted skater, the jewellery provides the perfect opportunity to combine his two dual passions of skating and crafting. Having salvaged the broken skateboards, he creates these beautiful accessories by hand.
Our artisans have salvaged offcuts of oak, teak and mahogany from the furniture industry to create their elegant range of jewellery. Their designs perfectly combine the shade and grain of the wood with natural colours and metal accessories.
Handmade using rejected seat belt webbing which is sourced directly from seat belt manufacturers. The seat belt webbing is either faulty, discoloured or factory offcuts. Whilst the webbing is considered unusable in the car industry, it is strong, durable and easy to clean.
Recycled Printer Belts
The recycled rubber is retrieved from old industrial printing machines. When the printers reach the end of their lives, they will be broken up and sold for scrap. We reclaim the rubber belts and use them for jewellery instead. With variations in texture and colour, all of the pieces are unique.
Need help picking the right jewellery?
Japanese Patterns Upcycled Teak Wood Coasters - Individual / Set of 4